Simone Biles to testify before Senate for investigation into Larry Nassar

To optimise for archiving, the original image and related documents associated with this article have been removed.

Olympic gold medallist Simone Biles is set to testify with other gymnasts before the Senate Judiciary Committee for the investigation into former USA Gymnastics team doctor Larry Nassar who was imprisoned for sexually assaulting hundreds of athletes.

Other star gymnasts including McKayla Maroney, Maggie Nichols and Aly Raisman will testify with Biles on Wednesday 15th September with the investigation looking at the FBI’s handling of Nassar’s case.

A 119 page report published in July by Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz said the FBI failed to interview victims in a timely manner. Horowitz also said the Indianapolis office made “fundamental errors” by failing to notify other FBI offices or local authorities.

Biles said on Twitter in January “I am not afraid to tell my story anymore. I too am one of the many survivors that was sexually abused by Larry Nassar.” Biles withdrew from several events at the Tokyo Olympics and did not win as many medals as she had previously won at the 2016 Rio Olympics, citing her mental health and the abuse by Nassar as contributing factors. “Now that I think about it, maybe in the back of my head, probably, yes, because there are certain triggers, you don't even know, and I think it could have.”

Nassar will be behind bars for the rest of his life as he is serving up to 175 years in prison for his abuse.

You may also like

View All

Company behind Enhanced Games loses nearly $62 million

The company behind the Enhanced Games has reportedly lost nearly $62 million after its main event debuted in May

Read More

Former ADE player sues AFL and Fox Sports after he was indecently exposed on live television

Former Adelaide Crows player, Ricky Henderson, is suing the Australian Football League and Fox Sports for over $1.2 million after he was indecently exposed on live television in 2013

Read More

Premier League to allow the broadcast of on-field conversations between players and referees and the publication of full judgements made by its panel and of explanations direct from officials

As part of a trial, the Premier League will allow the broadcast of on-field conversations between players and referees. It will also publish the full judgements made by its Key Match Incidents panel, as well as explanations provided direct from the officials themselves

Read More